Awareness & Prevention
Protecting your skin from sun-rays is very important, especially when you have sensitive skin to begin with. With or without sensitive skin we still have to be precarious on protecting our skin from damaging and developing skin cancer. Exposure to a lot of sunlight in the winter puts you in the same risk as being expose to sunlight in the summer. The Ultraviolet radiation is present during the day time no matter the weather. Here is some information pertaining to what Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is and if safe tanning is a real thing.
Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is produced from the sun and is known for being the number one cause of skin cancer. Normally, spending too much time under the sun we will cause sun damage to the skin like wrinkling and age spots. The UV rays are a small portion of the sun's rays, but it is the main cause of the sun damaging people's skin. Being that the UV rays could damage the DNA skin cells, skin cancer risk would elevate once damages affects the DNA genes that can manipulate the growth of the skin cells. UV rays do not appear in just the sun but also in technologies such as tanning beds and lamps, which leads me to ask you is there really a safe way to tan?
The answer to the previous question is no, there is no such thing as a safe tan. Using a tanning bed or lamp might put you in a higher risk to develop skin cancer, your skin would receive a higher exposure risk when using those kind of technologies to tan. Did you know that the increase in skin pigment also known as melanin, causes the tan color change in your skin which is a sign of damage. Why it happens? Once your skin is exposed to UV radiation, it increases the production of melanin in an attempt to protect the skin from further damage.
Safety Tips & Products To Use
Please make sure to use sunscreen that has a SPF of 30, which protects the skin from UVA/UVB rays 365 days a year or narrow it down to every sunny day that is coming up.
Make sure to limit your time in the sun no more than 6 hours.
Wear caps with brims, sunglasses that blocks UVA/UVB rays and cover skin with as much clothing as you can.
1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin CC cream SPF 30 (Protect your skin while also smoothing and brightening it.)
2. Banana Boat Natural Reflect Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 (Not only is this sunscreen oil-free and water-resistant, it's also sourced from natural minerals to protect your fair skin from sun burn and long term damage.)
3. CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 (Dab this lotion in the morning to protect your skin from the sun UVA/UVB rays and longer lasting moisturized skin daily.)
4. SkinCeuticals UV Defense SPF 30 Moisturizing Sunscreen (Great
for all skin types, this product is ideal for daily use to help protect your skin from UVA and UVB rays.)
5. Clear Complexion BB Cream SPF (This moisturizer will protect your skin from future damage while making the skin shades appear even and luminous.